Price:€ 1.795,00 excl. VAT
Duration:2 consecutive days + 1 evening
Contact:email@example.com, +31 85 401 3600
Having difficulty with:
- Explaining the added value of a solution?
- Selling your solution to a client who needs it, but does not realise it yet?
- Dealing with 'pushy' customers who want a service only when it's quick, short and cheap?
Sales might not be your forte, but creating new work, helping the client and your organisation is beneficial for all parties involved. This course teaches you how to recognise, explore and create business opportunities without feeling 'commercial'.
Intensive practice using actors as clients
On the first day of the course we will share the theory and you will apply it to your daily practice. The second day is of intensive practice, using a professional actor in the role of your client. After the two days, you will be skilled and more confident in selling your solution to your clients.
You will be given practical tools, which will enable you to become more commercially effective, by helping the client while being yourself. You will:
- Act as a professional consultant adapting to different type of technical customers;
- Apply the AIPA process to sell the best suitable solution to each customer, using questioning listening, selling and expectation management;
- Be able to turn resistance into purchase.
This training course is especially designed for technology professionals who want to increase their commercial impact. For example, architects, technical experts, (lead) engineers/designers, project leaders or team leaders working in a technical and innovative project environment.
Day 1: Theory and application in your practice
Consultative Selling process (using the AIPA process)
- Attention - pitching
- Inventory - creating a clear picture of the real problem
- Presentation - showing the added value of your proposition (sell your solution)
- Agreements - making clear agreements what (not) to do
Dealing with different types of client (“selling is people work”)
- How to make your business case
- How to present your solution and convince your stakeholders
- Turning resistance into purchase
A senior (technical) manager will share his experience of selling (complex) technical solutions. We can ask personal questions and hear real stories that will help and inspire you to make the next step in your development.
Day 2: A full day intensive workshop with a professional actor in role as client
- A full morning working with a challenging case with an actor in role as client
As a group, we will go use a practical case to go through all the stages of the AIPA selling process. You will be challenged to apply everything you learnt the previous day.
- One-on-one training with the actor in role as client re: personal learning points;
- Personal action plan to help you apply what you have learnt to your daily practice.
29-05-2017 09:00 – 21:30 including lunch, dinner and guest speaker
30-05-2017 09:00 – 17:00 including lunch
E-learning, action learning, lectures, exercises, discussions, role playing (with actor). Evening session with a guest speaker (day 1).
A HTI/SS&F certificate after completing homework and final assignment.
Highly practical, theoretically sound
This training package is designed for technology professionals working in the environment of complex system development. It is highly practical and theoretically sound. We focus your personal situation so you can apply what you have learnt right away.
Preparation: E-learning selling skills
One week before the start of the training you will receive a link to the e-learning environment. This includes an assignment which should be completed before the start of the training.
Feedback from colleagues
Prior to the training, you will carry out a mini 360-degrees enquiry asking colleagues what it is they perceive as your strong and weak points in your sales skills. In the training sessions, we use this enquiry as a basis from which to start learning.