Lateral thinking - Full course
Price:€ 1.050,00 excl. VAT
Duration:2 consecutive days
Contact:firstname.lastname@example.org, +31 85 401 3600
Lateral thinking is a very practical training about thinking out-of-the-box. During the course participants learn how to generate a spectacular number of new ideas in a structured and simple way. Lateral thinking, developed by Edward de Bono, is more than just brainstorming! You will also learn to avoid the logical pitfall of brainstorming and how to turn an unpromising creative idea into an idea that is both practical and valuable! During one of the numerous practical exercises a small 'think tank' is held in which a problem of one of the participants is tackled and maybe solved.
On Lateral thinking, a Full course (2 days) and a Short course (1 day) is available.
The Full course will be a healthy combination of know how and application of the theory. Experiencing Lateral thinking by first hand and in a safe environment is an important key to success for using it in daily practice.
After the Full course participants will:
- Be able to think out-of-the-box
- Understand the logical need for creativity
- Be able to use the structured creativity process
- Be able to set a clear focus
- Be able to cope in a surprisingly simple manner with long-term problems that have been dragging on and were considered insoluble
- Be able to challenge the present course of thinking inside the organization, in a constructive way
- Be inspired to produce a spectacular number of new ideas
- Be able to see the value in creative ideas and turn them into ideas that are both practical and valuable
- Have prepared a plan for further development of the creativity skill
This course is for everyone who is in need for structured creativity, unconventional solutions and new innovative concepts.
Lateral thinking is a skill; doing it is the best way to learn this skill. The participants are working in learning teams. Each participant will make his own list of subjects that he wants to generate ideas for. This list will be used during the training in a way that participants experience how the skills and the process can be applied in the real-life environment! The training will be concluded with a Lateral thinking session about a relevant topic.
The logical need for creativity
The synergy of logical and creative thinking
The necessity for a structured creativity approach
The 4 Lateral Thinking steps:
- Clearly defining the focus
- Four creativity techniques to think out-of-the-box, (Alternative, Challenge, Random Entry and Provocation) with the aim for idea generation
- Harvesting: structuring ideas with the aim to increase the yield of the idea generation step
- Treatment: take an (unpromising) idea and turn it into an idea that is both practical and valuable. This will take you further than brainstorming.
Develop your learning plan for after the training
Lectures, exercises, discussions, teamwork. Course material: workbook and materials to be used during and after the training.