Design for additive manufacturing
Price:€ 1.995,00 excl. VAT
Duration:3 consecutive days
Contact:email@example.com, +31 85 401 3600
Additive manufacturing (“3D printing”) offers a number of specific properties, which can lead to competitive advantages in the product and/or in the product development process. During this 3 days hands-on training you will learn to understand these properties and the opportunities and implications for the product design.
The training will be given by the experienced team of the research group Innovative Production Technology of ObjeXlab. ObjeXlab is part of Fontys Centre of Expertise High Tech Systems & Materials (HTSM). The lab is equipped with numerous industrial 3D-printers, for both plastics and metal printing. Relevant software packages, 3D-scanners and various equipment for material analysis and heat treatment are also available in the lab. Since the training is organized in the ObjeXlab, each training day consists of a mix of theory and hands-on practice under supervision of experienced lab assistants.
After completion of the course, the participants understand the essential properties, challenges, opportunities and implications of additive manufacturing for the product design and are able to apply Additive Manufacturing (AM) design guidelines in their own organization.
Product engineers, product designers, system architects, project leaders and production engineers at technical companies.
Prerequisites: Technical education (BSc or higher).
- Introduction Additive Manufacturing
- Identification of “Killer Applications”
- Process technology FDM and SLM process
- Hands-on exercise: design & print a basic product for the FDM process
- Topology optimization
- Design guidelines for the FDM and the SLM print process
- Hands-on design & optimize exercise
- Materials for Additive Manufacturing
- Project management, workflow and economic aspects of AM
- Investigation and testing of printed parts
- Hands-on design & print exercise for the FDM process
- Presentation by guest speaker from industry
Hands-on course/workshop, classical educations with practical exercises. Course material will be provided. Each training day consists of a mix of theory and actual 3D printing exercises.
Course participants will receive a HTI certificate.