System requirements engineering
Price:€ 1.190,00 excl. VAT
Duration:2 consecutive days
Contact:firstname.lastname@example.org, +31 85 401 3600
This is a comprehensive training for those who work in multi-disciplinary projects, where a strong dependency exists on information transformation from stakeholders to developers, implementers, integrators, testers, and maintenance responsibility. In the training a method is presented that ensures both the quality of requirements as well as a systematic way of translating information from one abstraction level to another without losing information in the translation process.
The training aims to:
- Define the context and pre-conditions for specifying good requirements;
- Improve the requirement specification skills of the participants;
- Define steps to establish a well-defined requirements engineering process, leading to effectively writing good quality requirements;
- Give insight into how product can be structured according to the complexity and dependencies as a result of decisions taken;
- Enable the trainees to implement transparency and traceability for their specifications.
Requirements engineers, business analysts, systems engineers, system architects, marketing professionals, project managers, quality assurance professionals. Prerequisite: an open mind for innovative methods to manage and engineer requirements.
The training focuses on three dimensions:
1. The product dimension
- Describing the relevant abstraction levels of information that specify the product and their dependencies;
- Identification and specification of the product’s architecture, systems, subsystems, disciplines, components and parts;
- Specification of the product architecture element requirements and design decisions, including their dependencies.
2. The process dimension
- With process steps, typical for each sector;
- Product development cycles (life cycle processes);
- Relationship between the process and the product dimension.
3. The people dimension
- Describing the skills and competencies of people directly or indirectly involved in the Requirements Engineering processes;
- The relationship between all three dimensions.
The 'Requirements engineering' training lays the foundation for consistent, transparent, traceable and verifiable requirements. A pre-requisite to develop large complex products in a multi-discipline environment. The examples and workshop parts will be tailored to fit the needs of the participants.
Presentations, lecture-type parts, workshop-parts and exercises.
Participants receive a HTI certificate.
‘‘Most important items I’ve learned: All requirements can be captured in function, property & constraint; Quality in defining requirement & interaction with other layers.” – Erik Kremers