The training lasts six days, spread over a number of weeks in which you will learn all about test management, reviews, management tools and test process improvement. Exercises and discussions have an important place in this course. During the course you will practice mock exams. It is advisable to study the taught curriculum in the evenings to prepare for the exam.
The exam consists of multiple-choice scenario-based questions will take place on day six of the course. With a score of 65% or higher you get the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certificate.
You can choose to have exam training for € 295,-.
- Test phases (planning, specification, execution and closure)
- Exit, entry and acceptance criteria
- Test documentation, test policy, techniques for strategy determination
- Master test plan, detail test plan
- Test estimations (e.g. TPA), test metrics, tracking and reports
- Test management tools
- Risk management, identifying risks, risk analysis (PRISMA, FMEA), controlling the risks and checklists
Reviews and inspection
- Review principles, informal review, walk through, technical review and inspection (IEEE 1028)
- Determine review strategy
- Assemble a test team
- Test team dynamics
- Communication with stakeholders
- Incident management
- Choosing the proper test techniques and determine a test approach
Test process improvement
- The test models TPI and TMMi
- The relation to software process improvement (CMM(-I))
- Overview of the most important tools, the tool selection and implementation
- Execute assessment and create test improvement plan