The training lasts three days, spread over a number of weeks in which you will learn all about developing, deploying and improving test automation solutions.
The exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions will take place on day four of the course. With a score of 65% or higher you get the ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer Certificate.
- Purpose of Test automation
- Success Factors
Preparing for Test Automation
- SUT Factors influencing Test Automation
- Tool Evaluation and Selection
- Design for Testability and Automation
The Generic Test Automation Architecture
- Introduction to gTAA
- TAA design
- TAS Development
Deployment Risks and Contingencies
- Test Automation Approach and Planning of Deployment/Rollout
- Risk Assessment and mitigation strategies
- Test Automation Maintenance.
Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
- Selection of TAS Metrics
- Implementation of Measurement
- Logging of the TAS and the SUT
- Test Automation Reporting
Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
- Criteria for Automation
- Automation within Regression Testing
- Automation within New Feature Testing
- Automation of Confirmation Testing
Verifying the TAS
- Verifying Automated Test Environment Components
- Verifying the Automated Test Suite
- Options for Improving Test Automation
- Test Automation Improvement
Application of the theory
- During this training you will apply the things you learn on a real life application!