Basics: Thermal System Theory
- Common Heat Source in Mechatronic systems;
- Heat transfer mechanisms;
- Thermally induced deformations;
- Transient effects.
- Lumped mass modelling;
- Electrical analogy;
- Hands-on exercise.
Temperature Measuring / Thermal Experiments
- Precies thermal measurement techniques;
- Do's & don'ts.
Case Cryogenic Application
- Lumped mass modeling;
Design for Thermal Stability
- Main objectives and design considerations for precision equipment;
- Thermal centre, thermal cancelling & shielding (low-pass, reduction of gradients);
- Case: applying shielding.
Active Thermal Control
- Frequency-thinking for thermal systems;
- Thermal feedback control design;
- Bandwidth estimation design rule;
- Prediction performance of module under control (optional).
- Model reduction;
- Thermal modes;
- Thermal compensation & sensor placement.