- Introduction to SysML;
- Modeling requirements;
- Setting up a project;
- Modeling system structure with SysML: making Block Definition Diagrams and Internal Block Diagrams;
- Modeling system behavior with SysML: state machines and sequence diagrams;
- Modeling system constraints and performing trade studies with SysML: modelling with Parametric Diagrams;
- Modeling behavior with activity diagrams;
- Modeling software versus hardware aspects of a system.
Systems & Software Academy
SysML is a visual modeling language, derived from the UML, particularly intended for the model based development of software intensive systems. The SysML system modelling language is specified and developed by the OMG (Object Management Group) and is supported by INCOSE (International council for System Engineering). The modelling language particularly enables the systematic application and documentation of design logic.
This one day introductory course intends to provide an overview of the various SysML modelling techniques, using simple examples from the automotive and infrastructure domains. Particular attention is paid to modeling software in conjunction with mechanical and electrical engineering aspects.
- If on-site training is not feasible, we will transition to a live, interactive online (virtual) or hybrid format. If this transition is necessary, we will contact you in advance for your approval.
- The training is also available for in-company sessions.
After completion of the course, participants will:
- have basic knowledge of the various diagramming techniques;
- understand and appreciate the added value of the use of SysML;
- understand the position of SysML compared to other modelling techniques.
This course is intended for software and system engineers involved in the development of complex software intensive system.
Lectures, examples and guided discussions. Teaching material: Copies of presentations, text of cases, articles, books (if desired). This training will be held in English or Dutch, depending on the participants. Our trainer is Advanced OMG Certified Systems Modelling Professional (OCSMP).
Participants will receive a High Tech Institute certificate for attending this course.
* Prices are subject to change. Price correction will be applied at the end of the year.