Consists in 3 parts:
- Mutual understanding of the problem by sharing information and joint analysis.
- Creative phase
- Building scenarios and make selections.
In more detail:
1. Information sharing and joint analysis:
- Commercially: do you understand why your customers buys your product, and what is the appropriate performance level.
- Technically: what are the technical or non-technical functions necessary that meet the requirements.
- What drives the value and the cost
2. After understanding the problem your team will become much more creative
Ideas are gathered through brainstorming and in a more structered format: create a range of solutions that solve the separate functions.
3. Building scenarios from the gathered ideas, and optimize them by challenging against the original requirements.