In this course you will learn:
- Grouping of failure modes into generic failure types, for use in design, FMEA (failure mode and effect analysis), problem solving etc.
- Impact dynamics (point, single mass-spring system, two mass-spring system, 2-D rigid body). The influence of damping.
- Test methods and standards: fragility testing, shock response spectra (SRS), the damage boundary curve.
- Measurement techniques for acceleration, displacement, force, etc.
- Simulation: types of simulation software, the effective use of simulation.
- Robust design principles: a practical guide to evaluating and improving product strength.
€ 1.195,00 excl. VAT
2 consecutive days
Former participants rated this training:
How they recommend it to others:
After the course the participant is able to understand the dynamic effects of drops and shocks on...
After the course the participant is able to understand the dynamic effects of drops and shocks on products and is able to design products that have a higher resistance to this type of loading.
Mechanical designers of products that are subject to shock and drop loading....
Mechanical designers of products that are subject to shock and drop loading.
The participants will be able to estimate accelerations, forces and deflections based on simple o...
The participants will be able to estimate accelerations, forces and deflections based on simple one-dimensional dynamics and is aware of the available simulation and measurements techniques (together with their advantages, limitations and how they can be most effectively applied) for more realistic situations. Training in the use of simulation and measurement tools is not included in this course.
Lectures, demonstrations, exercises, cases....
Lectures, demonstrations, exercises, cases.
A HTI certificate after completing homework and final assignment....
A HTI certificate after completing homework and final assignment.
'Most important items I have learned: forces during drop, impact, vibration, applicable to practice.'
'Compact training with functional calculation examples. Not too complex.'
This training focuses on the fundamental principles concerning the behaviour of mechanisms and how this behaviour can be predicted and improved.
Read more →
Together with experts in the field and the other course participants you will bring your own challenge to a solution.
Read more →