System architecting is the art and science of designing and building multi-disciplinary systems. The responsibility and the challenge for the system architect is to translate the requirements of the many stakeholders into a system architecture blueprint. He/she will do this based on a solid knowledge of the problem domain, the business context, the human context, the solution domain, technology roadmaps and preceding architectures. The system architect provides the vision, develops the outline for an integral design, keeps the overview and takes care of the design consistency. He/she provides the context for the development activities that will be carried out by large multi-disciplinary teams of specialists.
This course will help a system architect to get a clear view on his/her role and responsibilities in the multi-disciplinary environment and give instruments on how to tackle architectural issues, e.g. how to balance the many, sometimes conflicting requirements, how to set up a roadmap, how to develop generic solutions.
The course gives an overview of the play field of the system architect. It provides insight in the broad variety of viewpoints the architect needs to take care of. The course contains many short exercises, worked out in small groups, that help to experience the broadness of the field. The addressed subjects help to understand the influence of the organisation structure, the importance of focusing not only on technical aspects but also on business, process and human aspects and how to cover multidisciplinary aspects.
Relevant articles and interviews
€ 2.750,00 excl. VAT
5 consecutive days
How participants recommend this training to others:
(average score of last 3 editions)
11-03-2019 | 09:00 - 17:00
12-03-2019 | 09:00 - 17:00
13-03-2019 | 09:00 - 17:00
14-03-2019 | 09:00 - 17:00
15-03-2019 | 09:00 - 17:00
After successful completion of this course, the participant will have:...
After successful completion of this course, the participant will have:
- Insight in the role of System architecting in the Product creation process
- Insight in the role, profile and skills of the system architect
- Insight in lean and agile processes, focussing on efficiency and effectiveness
- Insight in the requirements capturing process
- Insight in the CAFCR framework
- Insight in multi-disciplinary models and views
- Insight in system decomposition and system integration
- Insight in roadmapping process and the role of the System Architect in that process
- Experienced the importance of communication and insight in how to bring a technical message to higher management
(Potential) system architects, system group leaders, system engineers, senior designers and proje...
(Potential) system architects, system group leaders, system engineers, senior designers and project leaders. A few years of experience in system or product development, from any discipline like mechanics, physics, mechatronics, electronics or software, with an interest in the integral multi-disciplinary architectural issues and affinity with the business aspects is essential.
- System architecture process in relation to Product creation process...
- System architecture process in relation to Product creation process
- Roles and tasks of a system architect
- Lean, agile, incremental development processes
- Modelling and views
- The CAFCR framework
- Requirements capturing
- Functional and non-functional or quality requirements
- System partitioning and decomposition
- System integration strategies
- Human aspects of the system architect role
- Financial aspects
This course is certified by the European society f...
This course is certified by the European society for precision engineering & nanotechnology (euspen) and the Dutch Society for Precision Engineering (DSPE) and leads to the ECP2-certificate.
'Interactive, interesting, effective, gets you into a new mindset.'
'Interesting & insightful due to cross-industrial nature.'
'I'm very enthousiastic about the course. Especially by the way Ger teached us and the content of the course itself.'
'I very much liked the balance between theory and practice. Duration of separate topics is very well balanced.'
Comprehensive, practical training on requirements engineering for business analysts, systems engineers, requirements engineers and managers.
Read more →
During this training course you learn to translate customer requirements to solutions with optimal Value to Cost ratio.
Read more →
November 2018 edition:
Claim your spot in the next edition.