This is an introductory course of 3 days on microelectromechanical systems (MEMS): the basic theory and how MEMS are processed, various applications of MEMS in sensors and actuators, and usage issues of MEMS, assembly and housing, testing and interconnection.
€ 1.575,00 excl. VAT
3 consecutive days
How participants recommend this training to others:
(average score of last 3 editions)
Expected in November 2019
Electronic and mechanical/mechatronic design engineers (technical college/university level) worki...
Electronic and mechanical/mechatronic design engineers (technical college/university level) working in research and product development.
Assumed pre-knowledge: elementary knowledge on IC-technology/processing.
Introduction to microelectromechanical systems ...
Introduction to microelectromechanical systems
- MST - MEMS - micromachines
- MEMS, general aspects and motivation: miniaturization, portability, monolicity, markets
Micromechanical processing techniques
- Bulk micromachining
- Surface micromachining
- Dry etching
- Wafer bonding techniques
- Problems: outgassing and getters, sticking, drift phenomena
Sensors and actuators
- Pressure sensors, flow sensors
- Accelerometers, gyroscopes
- Electrostatic actuation, xy stages, resonators and RF MEMS
- Thermal sensors, thermal MEMS
- Optical MEMS and applications
- Gas sensors, chemical and biosensors
- Interconnection of systems, assembly, testing and housing
Lectures and exercises. Course material: course notes. Award: certificate....
Lectures and exercises. Course material: course notes. Award: certificate.
A comprehensive course to learn the basics of semiconductor physics, devices, processing, and of electrical process characterization.
Read more →
Four day course for ASIC designers on the possibilities and impossibilities of CMOS IC technology.
Read more →