Day 1: Passive filters
- Behavioral aspects and characterisation;
- Filter types and families;
- Design of low-pass prototypes;
- Network transformations and pole-zero transformations for other types;
- Implementation aspects .
Day 2: Impedance transformation, matching and correction
- Design of power matching networks;
- Design of noise matching networks;
- Design of impedance correction networks (Zobel networks).
Day 3: Active filters
- Behavioral aspects and modelling;
- Design approaches;
- Second order sections for low Q and high Q filters;
- Aspects of operational amplifier application.
Day 4: Switches, comparators and application of AD and DA converters
- SNR vs. BER in one bit AD conversion;
- Single bit AD conversion with transistors or comparators;
- MOSFET power switches;
- Application and characterisation of AD and DA converters;
- Aspects of sampling and quantisation;
- Noise shaping and dithering;
- AD and DA converter interfacing.
Day 5: Presentation of the results of the final assignment by the participants and group discussion